Total Pageviews

Monday, March 29, 2010

I've just pimped my desktop ... and contemplated ten past eight.

I have just adorned my faithful iMac desktop with Bumptop for Mac (also available is Bumptop Windows). It's a sort-of 3D desktop with quite sweet little ways of organizing and arranging ones everyday things onto a main desktop (the floor) or one of 4 surrounding walls (front, back, left and right). I am going to persevere with this for a bit and see if I can live with it full-time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5IswixD5pw&NR=1

However, I suddenly had a thought! What about the ceiling ... has this been forgotten? So, I lay down on the desktop ... and looked up ...

and got to thinking about His Theory of ... well ... Everything.

I was contemplating the vastness of of infinitesimal things, when a neutron wave gently lapped against my unshaven countenance. I felt it was there, but when I looked at it ... it destroyed itself. It was a bit like 'ten past eight'. You believe it, but when you try to 'fence it in', you catch a bit of 'just before ten past eight' and 'a little bit after ten past eight'. No matter how small you make the interval, you can never pin 'ten past eight' down specifically and uniquely. So, perhaps it doesn't really exist after all.

Now, if you truly understand this latter concept, try it on your loved one as she jumps into the car screaming "... What the hell time is this, you sack of s**t? You were supposed to pick me up at ten past eight!" Go on ... try it.

Perhaps we should all re-read a Brief History ...

4 comments:

Jamie BigBoss said...

Did you really?
Did you rally see a neutron wave gently lapped against your unshaven countenance.You felt it was there, but when you looked at it ... it destroyed itself.

You,ve got lots of new posts on your blog have you seen my new ones.

Andre said...

Yes ... I did really!

Jamie BigBoss said...

If you put something interesting on your blog you might get more people
to look at it and then you might make some money from it.

Jamie BigBoss said...

I think the netron wave gently lapped against your unshaven countenance. Was just somthing you imagined in your imagination.